Chase Sapphire Reserve Car Insurance Claim Saved Me $315
The Chase Sapphire Reserve Credit Card is a life saver!
Here is a more in depth site of what this CSR Car Insurance covers.
When I moved to Barcelona, I returned my car lease and I’ve been taking public transportation ever since. Occasionally I do go out of town and rent a car when needed but I don’t have any insurance that will cover me in case I get into an accident and paying $25/day through the rental car company can be a bit pricey. Luckily having the Chase Sapphire Reserve credit card it serves as my primary insurance. Just be sure to charge the car rental costs onto this card.
I recently rented a car in Spain and drove to Portugal. As we were checking into our AirB&B, someone broke into a car. Luckily nothing was taken except the rental contract. CSR will NOT reimburse for any theft of PERSONAL belongings.
I immediate called the benefits hotline ( 1-800-348-8472) and reported it and I was sent an email with instructions. Then you need to file a police report. You will then submit all documents at eclaimsline.com.
Documents I needed to provide:
- Reservation email confirmation with rental company
- Police Report
- Original contract front and back
- Final contract front and back
- Demand letter from the car company with all claimed expenses
- Copy of itemized estimate of repair or itemized repair bill
- 2 photographs of damage to the vehicle
- Credit Card statement – Wait until you have this to fully submit the claim
I submitted my documents on July 9th and 10 days later I got an approval letter for the damage – $315. You have a choice of waiting for a check or getting a direct deposit into your bank account.