This is a vegetarian dish but of course you can add whatever meat you want to it. I was missing my favorite Monta Ramen restaurant in Las Vegas so I decided to make this.
The egg I prepared the night before and it’s really easy. Here’s a video:
Ramen Egg Ingredients
- 6 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp mirin
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 eggs
Instructions for Ramen Egg
- Combine liquids in a ziplock bag.
- Boil water and put 2 COLD eggs into the boiling water. Reduce to simmer for 7 minutes and while that is happening, prepare an ice bath.
- Remove eggs and transfer to ice bath. Peel eggs gently and put it in the ziplock bag.
- Soak eggs in sauce over night.
Miso Mushroom Ramen Recipe
- Dried Shitake mushrooms (I used about 5 pieces)
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 bunch scallions, chopped, whites and greens divided
- 1 tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 6 cups of chicken broth
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp white miso paste
- 2 packages of instant ramen noodles, flavor discarded
- 2 ramen eggs (see above for recipe)
- Soak the dried mushrooms until it’s rehydrated. Then squeeze out excess water and slice thin.
- Combine 2 tbsp of vegetable oil and 1 tbsp of sesame oil and heat in a pot with over medium heat. Add scallion whites, ginger and garlic for 1-2 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and cook for another minute.
- Add 1 cup of chicken broth and then the soy sauce and miso paste.
- Mix well and bring to a simmer. Then pour the rest of the broth in little by little and bring to a simmer
- Add ramen noodles and cook until noodles are soft.
- Ladle noodles and broth into a bowl and top it off with an egg and sprinkle green scallions on top.