This recipe is good for 4 servings. Don’t spend $10 and a poke bowl when you can make it yourself. The first step is selecting your fish. Ask your grocer if the fish you are buying is okay for raw consumption (sushi grade.) When I buy my fish, I freeze it at -20°c for 1 week just to make sure it’s safe.
Thaw your salmon, take the skin off. I like the skin so I drizzle soy sauce and stick it in the oven until it’s crispy.
- 1 lb salmon
- 1 small sweet onion – sliced
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tbsp sriracha
- 2 tsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 4-5 imitation crab meat mixed with mayonaise
- 1 avocado
- 1 cup edamame beans
- 1 cup of cooked Jasmine rice
- Salmon Roe (optional)
- Chop salmon into small cubes and combine in a bowl with the sweet onion, soy sauce, sesame oil, sriracha, rice wine vinegar, and sesame seeds. Let it sit for 30 minutes.
- While that is marinating, cook your rice.
- Boil your frozen edamame beans if it’s frozen and let it cool down.
- Plating: Scoop your rice into a bowl. Add your marinated salmon, imitation crab, avocado, edamame beans and top off with salmon roe.